Dish: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*makes about 4 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using an electric or hand mixer, beat the buter until smooth and creamy (mine always looks a bit chunky). Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and beat until mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat until incorporated. Add chocolate chips half way through mixing.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten them with the back of a spoon. Bake for ~12 minutes or until golden brown.